TREKKING TOUR DU MONT BLANC
The Mont Blanc Tour, one of the most famous Trekking in the world, an epic journey through the Alps of France, Italy and Switzerland!
In this journey we will travel the iconic route of the Tour du Mont Blanc using in a rational way the transports of the valley floor and the cable cars in order to complete the entire tour in 6 days (the only parts we will cut will be some stretches of asphalt and the dirt roads ). This tour is perfect for hikers who want to have a concentrated experience taking in the best this route has to offer without overextending the duration of the tour, which makes it too expensive in terms of time and effort.
We decided to start the TMB from Chamonix, the iconic and vibrant French town on the slopes of Mont Blanc. What we will travel will be a journey of over 110km through the French, Italian and Swiss Alps along one of the most famous and renowned treks in the world which will allow you to cross some unique landscapes on the slopes of Mont Blanc. A varied and fascinating trek, a physical and mental challenge but also a wonderful journey that will remain etched within you for a long time.
The proposed trip is all-inclusive with all accommodation, meals and luggage transfer included in the price. We have carefully selected the hotels and refuges to offer you the best compromise between comfort, hospitality, food and panoramic views. What we can promise you is that this will be an adventure in the heart of the Alps to be experienced in one breath!
- Duration: from 19 to 26 August 2023. 8 Days – 7 Nights.
- Typology: Itinerant Trekking (luggage transported to each refuge via service included in the price).
- Area: France / Italy / Switzerland.
- Place of departure / arrival: Chamonix (France).
- Difficulty: Challenging. Daily excursions lasting 6-7h with a maximum positive difference in altitude of 1500m.
- Overnight stays: Shelters and facilities with shared rooms and dormitories. 3* hotel in Chamonix (possibility of using a single room for the two nights in Chamonix).
- Maximum number of participants: 6 people.
IS THIS TOUR FOR ME?
If you already have hiking experience and want to have a 360° experience by immersing yourself in the heart of the Alps, this tour is definitely for you. The trek is moderately demanding but does not require any technical ability or particular skills, it is only necessary to be trained to walk in the mountains with a distance that can reach a maximum of 20km (always take into consideration the difference in altitude of the daily stages which can vary from 700 at 1500m). The trails are exemplary maintained, perhaps the TMB is the trek with the best maintained trails in the world! Also consider that for your convenience your main luggage will be carried from one hut to another every day, meaning you can walk with only the weight of your day hiking backpack or a simple trail running backpack with the essential gear. We advise you to get in touch with us to understand if your physical condition and experience are suitable for trekking, do not hesitate to write to us!
DAY 1 – Saturday 19th August
Arrive in Chamonix rest and adventure preparation.
We will meet for lunch time in Chamonix, the vibrant French town, true world capital of outdoor sports. The transport is autonomous to allow you maximum flexibility. We are however available to support you in case you need suggestions to organize your trip. We will immediately begin to enjoy the first fantastic views of Mont Blanc and the glaciers near the village. Depending on your arrival time, you will have time to stroll around central Chamonix or simply relax at the hotel or outdoors before joining the group for the briefing, followed by dinner in Chamonix.
DAY 2 – Sunday 20th August
Les Houches – Les Contamines – Refuge Nant Borrant
The second day marks the beginning of our adventure on the paths of the Tour du Mont Blanc. Leaving the center of Chamonix, take a short bus transfer to Les Houches from where we will take the cable car up to Bellevue where we will enjoy the panorama over the Chamonix valley. We continue towards the Tricot pass on a path that offers continuous and beautiful views of the Bionassay glacier. Once at the pass, you descend towards the characteristic Miage valley in one of the most suggestive corners of the Tour du Mont Blanc. We then continue to our final destination near the village of Les Contamines.
DAY 3 – Monday 21st August
Refuge de Nant Borrant – Refuge de Mottets
After leaving the hut we have a long and steep ascent leading to Col du Bonhomme. A little bit higher we reach the second col of the day the Croix de Bonhomme at 2440 meters of altitude, where we will enjoy amazing views of the valleys on both sides. A nice and runnable trail takes us downhill to Les Chapieux, from here we will have a mix of a flat trail to a steady easy uphill towards Refuge Les Mottets at 1864 meters, which will be our hut for the night.
DAY 4 – Tuesday 22nd August
Refuge de Mottets – Le Randonneur Chez Ollier (Courmayeur)
On this Trekking day we will enter Italy and we will do it through the panoramic Col de la Seigne which will be reached after a steep climb that will start immediately after leaving the refuge where we spent the night. However, all the efforts of the climb will be amply repaid by the panorama that we will admire at the top of the hill with a superlative view of Mont Blanc and the whole of Val Veny. After the col, a long descent on the Italian side will begin which will lead to the start of the path that goes up to Mont Favre until you reach Col Checrouit where we will spend the night in the characteristic and super welcoming Le Randonneur Chez Ollier.
DAY 5 – Wednesday 23rd August
Le Randonneur Chez Ollier (Courmayeur) – Gite de la Fouly (La Fouly)
We start the day by taking the cable car to the center of Courmayeur, after a real Italian coffee we will take the bus for a short journey to the end of the Val Ferret. We will then start walking in the direction of the characteristic Rifugio Elena, where we can enjoy another coffee or take a break before the climb towards the Gran Col Ferret which delimits the border with Switzerland. Once at the pass we will be able to enjoy a magnificent view over the entire Val Ferret and the gentle slopes of the Swiss side. A beautiful descent will then take us to our accommodation for the night in La Fouly.
DAY 6 – Thursday 24th August
Gite de la Fouly (La Fouly) – Refuge le Peuty (Trient)
We start our day with a short bus ride to the base of the climb that will take us to Champex Lac. From here we will begin the climb up to La Giete and once we reach the highest point we will begin to descend towards the Col de la Forclaz and finally towards the iconic pink church of the village of Trient where we will spend the night.
DAY 7 – Friday 25th August
Refuge le Peuty (Trient) – Chamonix
On this last day of Trekking we will return to France, we have only a couple of climbs left before returning to Chamonix. Along the way we will be able to enjoy a breathtaking view of Mont Blanc and the glaciers of the Chamonix Valley. We will walk along the south side of the Valley before reaching La Flegere and finally Chamonix. We will dedicate the evening to celebrations with a final dinner in the center of Chamonix.
DAY 8 – Saturday 26th August
Au Revoir Chamonix
On this last day we will say “Au Revoir” to all those who have shared these days of Trekking along the Tour du Mont Blanc with us. We are sure that the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in all participants will be overwhelming. And it’s not just a trek but a new perspective, where the distance travelled, the effort and the lived atmosphere will make you think about things differently.
The entire tour is done in English.
*We reserve the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, National Parks regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
PRICE AND DETAILS
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- All the scheduled activities.
- All overnight stays in Chamonix and during the Trekking: 7 Nights
- 3* hotel in Chamonix (single room supplement available for a fee, applicable for 2 nights only) / Shelters and hotels along the route in shared rooms/dorms.
- Carrying of main luggage during all stages of the trek
- All main meals during the stay: 2 dinners in the center of Chamonix and all lunches during the trek.
- All movements during the trek: buses and cable cars.
- Numerous bars and snacks distributed by the guides during the daily activities.
- Accompaniment by two hiking guides and their expenses.
THE TOUR EXCLUDES
- Transfers to and from the trekking site.
- Expenses for extra activities and any additional days in Chamonix.
- Any private transfer.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks during the stay.
- Anything not expressly indicated in the “included” section.
- Insurance. It is recommended that all participants have their own insurance suitable for outdoor activities. Contact us for advice and information.
- Price: from 2150€/person. 30% deposit is due to secure your spot, the remaining balance is due 30 days before the start of the trip.
- Cancellation policy:
- Trip pending: a 30% down payment is fully refundable.
- Trip confirmed: a 30% down payment is refundable within 30 days or more before trip starts.
- 30 days or less before the trip starts 30% down payment is non-refundable. See Terms and Conditions for details.
- Participants: 6 max.
- The sale and technical management of the stay is entrusted to Korakane Travel: www.korakanetravel.com
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, and unforeseeable circumstances.
- This tour is governed by the Terms and Conditions.
- Travel insurance is required for all of our trips. Make sure that your insurance covers trip cancellation (in case of any unforeseen circumstances)