CHAMONIX TRAIL RUNNING CAMP
A Trail Running Camp to discover the paths of the Chamonix valley, the vibrant and dynamic French town, the real world homeland of Trail Running. We will travel along some of the most spectacular itineraries in the area, changing perspective and type of terrain every day. A real 360° experience where you can get in touch with other people with the same passion as you and fully experience the outdoor spirit of Chamonix!
Every day of the Camp we follow a characteristic itinerary of the Chamonix Valley. We’ll run alongside majestic glaciers, along flowing single tracks balcony over the valley and through some famous sections of some iconic races such as L’Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc and the Marathon du Mont Blanc. During these the Camp our logistics base will be THE HUB CHAMONIX, not a hotel, not a shelter…but a real “HUB” where people with a passion for trail running can share fun, experiences and find new inspirations. A super welcoming structure specially designed for fans of this magnificent sport. We will travel the famous “Balconies of Chamonix”, we will discover the end of the Valley towards Switzerland and there will also be space for the Vertical KM of Chamonix.
- Duration: from July 19 to July 24, 2023. 6 days / 5 nights.
- Area: Chamonix (France).
- Difficulty: Mid effort. Trail Running adventures of 5-6 hours of running / speed hiking per day, with up to 1600m/5249ft of elevation gain.
- Accommodation: 5 nights at THE HUB CHAMONIX (different rooms option available – contact the organization for all the details)
- Participants: max 9.
IS THIS TRAIL RUNNING CAMP FOR ME?
If you are a Trail Running enthusiast who wants to test himself on some of the most spectacular and iconic trails in the world, this Camp is absolutely for you. It is not necessary to be a Trail Runner with particular characteristics or skills, however it is necessary to have a minimum experience and sufficient training to cover the expected daily distances and gradients. During this Camp you will have the opportunity to come into contact with people with the same passion as you, sharing experiences and itineraries with a dynamic and international group. Every day we discover a different route with very different landscapes and terrains. The proposed itineraries are highly customizable and every day there will be the possibility of reducing or increasing the distance and the effort. Since there are two guides, every day at the end of the activity we will be able to divide the group if someone is tired or, conversely, if someone wants to push a little more. We will always be there to provide you with advice and support in order to push you beyond your limits and make you live an intense and fulfilling experience.
DAY 1 – Wednesday 19th July.
Arrive in Chamonix – Afternoon casual run
We will meet in the morning in Chamonix, the vibrant French town, true world capital of outdoor sports. We will go to the Hub Chamonix and you can start enjoying the first fantastic views of Mont Blanc and the glaciers in the vicinity of the village. Depending on your arrival time in the afternoon there is the option of a not too demanding group ride to Chalet Floria perched along the Petit Balcon Sud overlooking the Chamonix valley.
DAY 2 – Thursday 20th July
Grand Balcon Sud
In the morning we will take the Mont Blanc Express local train to the village of Montroc. Once there we will reach the Col Montets, and then we will take the classic route along the splendid Balcon Sud to Chamonix. Along the path there are some easy aided sections that will allow us to climb up to the Lac Blanc Refuge for a break.
DAY 3 – Friday 21st July
Grand Balcon Nord and Mer de Glace
On the third day we will travel an itinerary that will certainly leave wonderful memories in your memory. We will climb through the woods until we reach the Mer de Glace glacier and the Montenvers rack railway station. If the group wants and if it will be possible we will visit the ice caves obtained in the terminal part of the glacier. Returning to the rack railway station we will take the Grand Balcon Nord route up to the Plan de l’Aigiulle refuge. At this point we have two options: either take the path that will take us back to Chamonix or take the Aiguille du Midi cable car if we want to “save” our legs for the following days.
DAY 4 – Saturday 22nd July
Albert Premier Hut and Col de Balme
In the morning we will take the Mont Blanc Express local train to the village of Montroc. From there we will climb a steep path that climbs the ice moraine of the Tour glacier. Once we arrive at the refuge overlooking the ice with a spectacular view, we will pause for a delicious omelette before setting off again towards the Col de Balme on the border with the Swiss. From there a fast single track descent will take us back to the starting point.
DAY 5 – Sunday 23rd July
Chamonix Vertical Kilometer + Relax
For our latest trail running outing we will tackle the iconic Vertical Kilometer of the Marathon du Mont Blanc race series. We will be confronted with a steep terrain, in which it is necessary to use some metal cables to ascend, which will literally leave us breathless once we get to the top, for the effort and also for the panorama! If for some it will still not be enough to be able to climb to the peaks of Le Brévent, for a breathtaking view of Chamonix.
DAY 6 – Monday 24th July
“Au Revoir” Chamonix
On this last day of the Trail Running Camp we will say “Au Revoir” to all those who have shared these 5 days of running up and down the Chamonix mountains with us. We are sure that the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in all participants will be overwhelming. And it’s not just about running but about a new perspective, where the distance traveled, the effort and the atmosphere experienced will make you think about things differently. Saying goodbye to the people you’ve wandered along the paths with isn’t always easy, but don’t worry, we’ll have many other opportunities to meet up and immerse ourselves in the ride together!
The entire tour will be held in English (with some Italian gestures when words will not be enough to express the state of mind of the guides lol).
*We reserve the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, National Parks regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
This tour is governed by the Terms and Conditions.
PRICE AND DETAILS
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- All the scheduled activities.
- 5 nights at THE HUB CHAMONIX (different rooms option available – contact the organization for all the details)
- 2 dinners in Chamonix City Center.
- 1 typical Italian dinner cooked by the guides at The Hub Chamonix.
- A lot of trails snacks distributed by the guide for daily activities.
- Guiding from 2 certified hiking guides.
- Amazing atmosphere and beautiful trails and landscapes.
THE TOUR EXCLUDES
- Transport to Geneve or other Airport (e.g. flights).
- Breakfasts: inside the Hub there a two fully equipped kitchens and one refrigerator. There will be possibility to have breakfasts directly there with our own things
- Day2 and Day3 Dinner: on your own and will give you the chance to explore Chamonix or simply something for yourself and relax in the Hub.
- Insurance. All participants are required to have their own insurance appropriate for outdoor sports; such as health, accident, mountain rescue, repatriation, cancellation, personal liability, etc.
- Additional Trail snack to eat on the go – dried fruit, nuts or energy bars to last you throughout the runs (further info in the packing list)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Expenses for extra activities.
- Any accommodations for extra days in Chamonix.
- Any private transfer.
- Lifts or cable cars.
- Price: 1150€/person. 30% deposit is due to secure your spot, the remaining balance is due 60 days before the start of the trip.
- Cancellation policy:
- Trip pending: a 30% down payment is fully refundable.
- Trip confirmed: a 30% down payment is refundable within 60 days or more before trip starts.
- 60 days or less before the trip starts 30% down payment is non-refundable. See Terms and Conditions for details.
- Participants: 9 max.
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, and unforeseeable circumstances.
- The sale and technical management of the stay is entrusted to Korakane Travel: www.korakanetravel.com
- This tour is governed by the Terms and Conditions
- Travel insurance is required for all of our trips. Make sure that your insurance covers trip cancellation (in case of any unforeseen circumstances)