CINQUE TERRE TREKKING
A 4-day Trekking in Ligurian Riviera and the Cinque Terre. We will travel along some panoramic itineraries in the area such as the Sentiero Infinito, which connects Riomaggiore to Portovenere, Monesteroli, the Sentiero Azzurro and the tour of the island of Palmaria. A trek characterized by spectacular itineraries overlooking the sea, postcard views and good food.
During our trek we will stay at the Muzzerone Hut, located above Portovenere from which it is possible to enjoy a spectacular view of the bay and the Palmaria Island. We will therefore walk only with the weight of the backpack for the daily excursions and we will move by boat or on foot to reach the starting point of each excursion, returning in the evening to the refuge where we will have dinner on the panoramic terrace and stay overnight. During our trekking we will cover some of the most valuable itineraries in the area including the tour of the Palmaria Island, the Infinite Path between Riomaggiore and Portovenere which, alternating glimpses of the sea, terraces and panoramic paths, will take us to the small village of Monesteroli. We will then go to discover the villages of the Cinque Terre along the Sentiero Azzurro and finally reaching the characteristic village of Manarola.
- Duration: from May 19 to May 22, 2023. 4 days / 3 nights.
- Area: Italy – Ligurian Riviera – Cinque Terre e Portovenere
- Difficulty: Easy. Trekking with an average length of about 10km per day, with up to 700m/ 2624ft of elevation gain.
- Accommodation: in multiple rooms at the Muzzerone Hut.
- Participants: max 10.
IS THIS TREKKING FOR ME?
If you are an average fit person with minimal hiking experience and eager to discover one of the most beautiful areas in Italy for hiking this is the trek for you. The Cinque Terre is a Residential Trekking, that is, every evening we will return to our “base camp” the Muzzerone Hut. Every day we will therefore walk only with the weight of the backpack for the day trips so as to make the experience less tiring. The itineraries alternate very easy stretches with other moderately demanding ones (with the presence of stairways and steeper stretches of path) which is why it has been classified as medium/easy. For any type of doubt, the Trekking Torino team is available, contact us!
DAY 1 – Friday 19th May
Arrival at the Muzzerone Hut and exploration of the Palmaria Island
- Meeting in the morning with the guide in Portovenere. We will then go to the Muzzerone Hut in order to settle down.
- After lunch, with a short boat trip, we will go to Palmaria Island for the first planned trek.
- Return to the Refuge in the late afternoon. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 2 – Saturday 20th May
The “Infinite” Path from Riomaggiore to Porto Venere
- In the morning we will go by boat to Riomaggiore to walk the panoramic Path of Infinity which connects Riomaggiore to Portovenere through a spectacular route.
- If conditions permit it, we will go down the panoramic Monesteroli stairway halfway through.
- Return to the Refuge in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 3 – Sunday 21st May
Trekking from Vernazza to Manarola
- On the third day of Trekking we will cover a part of the Sentiero Azzurro between Vernazza and Corniglia to then reach Volastra and finally our final destination Manarola.
- Return in the afternoon by boat to Portovenere and Muzzerone Hut. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 4 – Monday 22nd May
Visit to the villages of the 5 Terre, Monterosso or Portovenere
- Last day of trekking to enjoy in relaxation while visiting the Cinque Terre. Possible visit to Monterosso and Vernazza, or visit the village of Portovenere.
- Return and departure.
The tour will be held in English and Italian.
*We reserve the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, National Parks regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
Easy. this is a not particularly demanding trek in which you have to expect to walk 4/5h hours a day, with a maximum positive difference in altitude of about 800m during the second stage which has a length of 13km (it is possible to simplify the route in case the group or the weather don’t allow it). As terms of reference, to participate in the trek without difficulty, you must be in modest physical shape and able to cover at least 10km with at least 600m of altitude difference on the path without excessive effort. You should also be used to occasional hiking in a mountain environment and be able to do so comfortably for at least 4 hours a day. Contact us to be able to talk about it in more detail.
PRICE AND DETAILS
THE TOUR INCLUDES
- Overnight stay at the Muzzerone Hut on half board basis.
- Guiding from a certified hiking guide and his expenses.
- Fantastic panoramas combined with excellent typical cuisine.
- Ferries and/or transfers in the Cinque Terre park during the first 3 days of Trekking.
- Transportation to/from the Palmaria Island.
THE TOUR EXCLUDES
- Transfers to and from the place of the stay.
- Lunches during the trek.
- Possible ferries for the last day of the stay.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Expenses for extra activities.
- Any accommodations for extra days in Italy.
- Price: 475€/person. 30% deposit is due to secure your spot, the remaining balance is due 30 days before the start of the trip.
- Cancellation policy:
- Trip pending: a 30% down payment is fully refundable.
- Trip confirmed: a 30% down payment is refundable within 30 days or more before trip starts.
- 30 days or less before the trip starts 30% down payment is non-refundable. See Terms and Conditions for details.
- Participants: 10 max.
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, and unforeseeable circumstances.
- The sale and technical management of the stay is entrusted to Korakane Travel: www.korakanetravel.com
- This tour is governed by the Terms and Conditions.
- Travel insurance is required for all of our trips. Make sure that your insurance covers trip cancellation (in case of any unforeseen circumstances)