GRAN PARADISO TREKKING - COGNE VALLEY
A 4-day itinerant trek in the Gran Paradiso National Park to discover the Cogne Valley, wild and dominated by majestic glaciers. A circular itinerary that will take us to explore different environments, from the larch forests of the valley bottom, alpine lakes, moraines, glaciers and wild high mountain hills. A trek for moderately trained walkers who will repay their efforts with memories and landscapes of authentic beauty.
We will walk with our backpacks on our shoulders, arriving every evening at a characteristic refuge where we can refresh ourselves and recover energy for the following stages. This year we decided to visit the Cogne area in the Gran Paradiso National Park, characterized by a series of pristine valleys dotted with lakes and rivers that make the environment spectacular and wild. Some highlights of the trek will be the climb to Col d’Arbolle, one of the wildest and most isolated in the entire Aosta Valley, the Lussert lakes and the overnight stay at the characteristic Grauson refuge. Also noteworthy will be the climb to the Vittorio Sella refuge first in Valnontey which will give us exciting views of the Tribolazione glacier and the wilder side of the Gran Paradiso. This is a complete trek where we will face every type of alpine environment from larch and fir forests to severe rocky terrain overlooking the glaciers, with a different point of view on the main mountain groups of the Aosta Valley.
- Duration: from 12 to 15 August 2024. 4 Days – 3 Nights.
- Typology: Itinerant Trekking.
- Area: Aosta Valley – Cogne.
- Place of departure / arrival: Cogne.
- Difficulty: Medium / Challenging. Excursions with an average length of approximately 12 km. Maximum positive difference in altitude during the day of approximately 1000m.
- Overnight stays: Shelters and facilities with shared rooms and dormitories. Is it possible add a 3* hotel in Chamonix or Courmayeur before and at the end of Trekking (contact the organization for information).
- Maximum number of participants: 12 people.
IS THIS TOUR FOR ME?
If you already have experience in the mountains even on multi-day treks and want to test yourself on a very wild and spectacular route off the beaten track, this trek is absolutely for you. The itinerary is moderately demanding but balanced to offer the right recovery, alternating more demanding stages with easier ones. No particular technical skills are required, however we will face sections that require a little attention as we will encounter rocks, steep descents and sometimes bumpy paths. To best carry out trekking, you need a good physical shape and the ability to cover the daily distance and the expected difference in altitude considering that we will walk for long stretches above 2000m above sea level and reach altitudes close to 3000m. The average length of the daily stages is 12km, while the longest stage is around 14km with around 1000m of altitude difference. It is important to take into consideration that you will have to walk with your backpack throughout the trek so rational use of space is essential to keep the weight as low as possible. For any type of doubt, the Unbeaten Tracks team is available!
PRICE AND DETAILS
- Price: 500€/person. A 170€ deposit is due to secure your spot, the remaining balance is due 30 days before the start of the trip.
- Cancellation policy:
- Trip pending: a 30% down payment is fully refundable.
- Trip confirmed: a 30% down payment is refundable within 30 days or more before trip starts.
- 30 days or less before the trip starts 30% down payment is non-refundable. See Terms and Conditions for details.
- Participants: 12max.
- The sale and technical management of the stay is entrusted to Korakane Travel: www.korakanetravel.com
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, and unforeseeable circumstances.
- This tour is governed by the Terms and Conditions.
- Travel insurance is required for all of our trips. Make sure that your insurance covers trip cancellation (in case of any unforeseen circumstances)